Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Scary Letter from the Fire Marshall

If you get a letter from a government agency telling you they are going to shut you down.....do not wait until the DAY BEFORE they are going to shut you down to call me.

A client received this letter two weeks before calling me. I could have resolved the issue in one week. Now I have one day....and will most likely fail to satisfy the fire Marshall with a preliminary code study. And they are so much easier to work with once irritated (sarcasm).

I hope this tiny Somali specialty school gets to stay open, but I am guessing they will be closed as of 2:00 today until I finish my work by noon Friday, and then wait to see how quick the City staff feels like taking to "process" their plan review, comments, re-review, inspection then issue a certificate of occupancy.

I will update status via comments to this post.....till then: CALL AN ARCHITECT.....planning and asking permission keeps your business in business rather than burying your head in the sand.

Yes this problem was created by "just moving in" and ignoring the change-of-use threshold requiring a building permit.










Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: